What is the JFIF file format and how is it converted?
If you come across a JFIF image file, don’t worry: not only is it easy to convert the file to the more commonly used JPG format, it really is. a type of JPG file that you should be able to use in almost any program without any problems. JFIF is an older version of the modern JPG file format, and a JFIF file is most commonly found when downloading images from the Internet.
A The JFIF file uses JPG compression but some relatively minor details in the
architecture of the file format are important. different. Today almost every program that opens and uses a standard JPG file also recognizes a JFIF file.
It’s still easy to convert.
Conversion with Miconv Converter
As a general rule, any third-party application on your Windows or Mac computer can open a JFIF file as if it were a JPG file, and you can use the file as is or you can save it as a JPG at this point. For example, you can open JFIF files in Photoshop or any other popular photo software. jfif to jpg file converter.
- Open miconv in any web browser.
- Click on Choose files and select the JFIF file.
- Make sure the menu for: is currently set to JPG.
- Click on Convert.
- The file will be converted and you can download it to your computer.
Converting JFIF to JPG on Windows
Most photo and graphics programs on Windows will recognize any JFIF file as a JPG, making it easier to open the file.
- Start Paint
- Find it by searching “color” in the home search box.
- Open the JFIF file. You can drag the JFIF into an open Paint window, or browse for it by clicking File and then Open.
- Click File, Save As, and then click JPEG Image.
- Converting JFIF to JPG on a Mac
Although the JFIF and JPG file formats are virtually identical, MacOS does not recognize files with the .jfif file extension. Still, Mac programs can open JFIF files thinking the images are JPGs, you just have to rename them.
- Launch Finder and locate the JFIF file you want to convert.
- Click on the file name, wait a moment and click again.
- Change the file extension from .jfif to .jpg and press Enter.
- In the pop-up dialog box, confirm that you want to make this change.